NigeriaLics brings together scholars, researchers, and policy analysts who study development, innovation, learning, and competence building in Nigeria. It is also open to membership from outside Nigeria. The emphasis is on interactive learning that promotes plurality in terms of research approach, methodology, and theoretical perspectives. The platform consists of a multidisciplinary field that includes researchers from a wide range of disciplines including innovation studies, the economics of innovation, innovation management, technology management as well as science and technology studies. However, the network also includes those from other fields such as agriculture, education, engineering, economics and political science.
The maiden NigeriaLics PhD Academy provides an opportunity for PhD students enrolled at Nigerian and other West African universities who work in the field of innovation and development studies to gain more knowledge of this burgeoning field, meet leading academics in the field and receive feedback on their PhD studies. It will also afford participants the privilege to attend the first NigeriaLics Conference holding alongside the Academy at the University of Lagos, Nigeria.
Structure of the Academy
• The Academy will invite leading researchers in the field of innovation and development from around the world to provide lectures and mentor students.
• The Academy also provides opportunities for PhD students to share their work and learn new skills. As such, the Academy is made up of the following activities:
• Lectures by senior researchers on areas ranging from research methodologies to the latest theories and empirical research in the fields of innovation, innovation management and science policy;
• Presentations by doctoral students of their work with feedback from the senior scholars at the event;
• Sessions focused on enabling interaction between students, practitioners and policymakers in transforming their innovative ideas into projects while tackling development issues;
• Study visits to innovation hubs, innovative businesses and/or similar organisations; and
• Sessions that focus on key skills that students need to complete their PhD and become successful academic researchers such as publishing or project management skills.
Arrival: Thursday, Feb 02, 2023
Academy: Fri-Wed, Feb. 03-08, 2023
Closing Ceremony: Wed. Feb 08, 2023.
• For any queries or questions about the academy: firstname.lastname@example.org
• For general queries about the University of Lagos: email@example.com
• For general queries about NigeriaLics: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com or visit www.nigerialics.ng. The NigeriaLics Secretariat office is housed at Deputy Vice-Chancellor Office (Research, Technology and Innovation) PMB 1515, University of Ilorin, Nigeria